Monday, September 24, 2012

Growing Up Online Response

Technology and the internet seem to be ingrained into the lives of students in this day and age. This video actually seems to be around the same time I was still a student like the ones portrayed. I have always been pretty easily distracted and this could be as a result to instant gratification from media in this time period. Just as "Autumn Edows" is a completely different person from Jessica, today's youth can create a completely different persona from themselves online and portray who they want to be. It is very important to be updated and aware of what is going on online in order to understand the lives of your students.
I think as a future teacher it is most important for me to follow this new wave of instant media and technology. I will embrace it rather than push it away and try to include ways that use new technology to keep the attention of students.

No comments:

Post a Comment