Monday, November 26, 2012

Educational Gaming

I played educational games when I was a child, and I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I mostly remember this math game that was in a science fiction setting. Here are some games I evaluated:

Oregon Trail- A great educational game that teaches not only some history but teaches lessons in frugality and how to intelligently buy things. The specific online Oregon Trail game that was linked in the agenda isn't very good, it is a free version and wasn't made very well. It would be better to buy the game; I owned "Oregon Trail 3" and it was pretty in-depth and I learned a lot.

Free Rice- This game has been around for a while, and I played it back when it was only a vocabulary game. It is cool to see it has expanded into something more. I think this is a great way to learn while doing something good for society, as I believe the site is legitimate.

3rd World Farmer- I am not sure whether this game was designed to be realistic or not, regardless it is pretty depressing. What I do like about the game is the fact you can purchase things and save up for things. It teaches students wise monetary decisions which is important in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment